Frequently Asked Questions about My Services
“What are your qualifications as a copywriter and marketing specialist?”
• I’ve been involved in some form of marketing, administrative work, writing, and running my own businesses for over 27 years. Entrepreneurship runs in my blood.
• During those years, I operated all aspects of running a successful beauty salon business for over 20 years, including using my writing/marketing skills for promoting the business, creating brochures, flyers and sales material.
• I’m a published indie author of six fiction novels. I have experience with formatting e-books and print books, creating book covers, uploading to various online sites, creating compelling content for social media and print publications to promote the books.
• I’ve set up several websites, including the layout, content and SEO, for my copywriter site, a cat care site, an author site, a supernatural entertainment site, a beauty salon site, a personal exercise blog and a marketing site.
• I’m a past Worldprofit dealer and previous website owner of Cyber City Promotions and Cyber City Success, offering internet marketing and website packages for small businesses. I also published an ezine for these website marketing sites.
• I’ve been the Speculative Fiction Movies Examiner for St. Louis, MO – writing two articles per week and promoting the content to various social media and news sites.
• I’ve been trained by the best in the copywriting industry by completing the following AWAI (American Writers and Artists Inc.) courses (some of the experts: Nick Usborne, Steve Slaunwhite, Michael Katz, Dianna Huff, Bob Bly, Ed Gandia, Jay White, Pam Foster, Brian Clark):
- Copywriting 2.0-Complete Guide to Writing Web Copy that Converts
- Copywriting for a Cause (Cause Marketing)
- Creating Email Newsletters for Professional Firms
- Social Media Marketing Expert
- Writing Case Studies
- Email Copy Made Easy
- Secrets of Becoming an Internet Research Specialist
- Site Audits Made Simple
- Working Effectively with Web Clients
- How to Write Your Own Money-Making Websites
- Content Mastery-Content Marketing Specialist
- Freelance Writing Business Success
- Secrets of Writing High Performance B2B Copy
- B2B Copywriting Intensive
• To keep up with current trends and to continually increase my knowledge in marketing, I’m a member of the following organizations:
- American Writers & Artists Inc. (AWAI)
- The Barefoot Writer
- Author Marketing Club
“Do you have experience in my field?”
That depends… I definitely have experience writing for the pet industry (have had pets all my life); the entertainment industry; all aspects of book writing and publishing and marketing; and the beauty industry. I thoroughly enjoy marketing. And I will only accept your project if I’m confident I can do a good job for you. Tell me what you need and we can discuss your specific situation.
“What kind of assignments do you work on?”
Almost any type of web copy project, content marketing, ads, articles, blogs, presentations, video scripts, case studies, cause marketing campaigns, e-newsletters, emails, social media strategy and content, internet research, ghostwriting, site audits, consulting… whew! I focus on the pet retail industry for small to medium-size companies, but am available for other niches, too.
“Do you have a guarantee policy? What about revisions?”
Yes! Hop over to my Guarantee and Privacy Policies Page. Or continue reading:
Most clients are happy with my copy when they receive it. But if you are not 100 percent satisfied, I will revise the copy according to your specific guidelines at my expense. Explain what you want improved and I’ll make the changes as fast as possible. Revisions are included in the fee we have agreed upon for the assignment, PROVIDED the revisions are brought to my attention within 45 days of your receipt of the copy (the assignment) that I’ve completed. Also, the free revisions cannot be provided if you make a radical change from the original assignment after my copy has been submitted to you. I cannot guarantee the results (example: financial gain for your business) of my copy because of the factors that I can’t control. These factors include: your market, prices, supply, demand, design, current events, the economy, your competition — all can affect the response you get to your copy. I promise I will make every effort to work with you to ensure your copy and offer will produce positive results. Your success is important to my own success.
“What does it cost to hire you?”
For any copywriting project, just let me know what you have in mind, and I’ll quote you a price. Depending on the information you provide me, I may need to ask you some direct questions that will help me better calculate a quote for you. The rates vary depending on the type of copy you need, so it’s hard to answer this question without knowing the details of your project. The main reason is every company and project is different. No two are exactly alike. For example, you may need new web pages, update existing pages, an optimized order page, or a complete overhaul from the ground up. There may be tons of great content to work with and it simply needs optimizing… or there may be no copy yet or pages of non-sales copy that were written 10 years ago. And there may be a need to do extensive work in phases. For the majority of projects, I usually charge for the entire project, not an hourly rate. (Although if you hire me for an internet research assignment, I charge by the hour.) I do offer a Schedule of Estimated Fees, but the rates listed on some projects vary a great deal (as in hundreds or even thousands of dollars) depending on how basic or elaborate the assignment is. Visit my Contact Page.
“Do you have a price sheet?”
Yes, I do have a Schedule of Estimated Fees sheet. I use it as my guide so I have a general idea of what to charge. But because each project is unique and prices will vary greatly, I do not post the Fees on this site. None of the prices are set in stone… I write up a Proposal after we’ve determined as best as we can what you need me to do, etc. (see above FAQ “What does it cost to hire you?”). Remember, when you hire a professional web content writer and strategic consultant – you’re investing in smart, optimized sales content that creates authentic connections with your prospects, resulting in bigger profits! Each project estimate will be customized for you, based on these industry-standard fee ranges for high quality, effective work. If you are interested in receiving a copy of my Schedule of Estimated Fees, Contact Me.
“How will you invoice me?”
You will receive an invoice via email. I ask whether you prefer the invoice be within the email itself, or as an attachment in .doc or PDF format. You have the option of saving the invoice and printing a copy for your records.
“What forms of payment do you accept?”
You have the option of paying by check or money order or sending payments online via PayPal.
“How long will it take you to complete my project?”
The answer depends on your project, as each project is unique. We can discuss your particular project by phone or email, and I can give you a better idea of how long it will take. I’m a stickler when it comes to presenting quality work, and that means I need adequate time to research, write, enhance, and revise until I’m completely satisfied. If your project needs completed by a specific date, be sure to tell me this information immediately.
“Do you do the work yourself or outsource?”
I will always write 100% of your copy. I will be the person working on whatever project we’ve agreed upon. But, I am NOT a graphic designer or a web developer. I am quite willing to work with someone of your choosing or I can sub-contract the work to someone I know for those services. I completely created this site, along with other sites in the past. I have average WordPress skills. If you are satisfied with my design capabilities, then we may not need a separate graphic designer for your project.
“How soon can you start on my project?”
It’s likely I’m working on another project at this moment. Depending on my schedule, how involved your project is and your deadline, I may be able to start on your project within a few business days. Contact me as soon as possible to get on my schedule. And I will always find time for initial consultations and to prepare your quote.
“I need a copywriter for a service not listed on your site. Can you help?”
If you need something not listed here, please ask! If we can’t help you directly, we can probably put you in touch with someone who can.
“How do we get started?”
Simple. Fill out my Contact Form or email me. The more details you can give me, the faster I can get started. Tell me what you’re selling and to whom. Include: the type of copy you need, background information, your website URL, anything that’ll help me understand what I need in order to write your copy. If you’re not sure about your needs, I’ll be more than happy to talk to you and discuss your goals and marketing challenges. Once you’re ready to get started, it’s likely I’ll need additional information. I can interview you over the phone or send you a questionnaire via email. I’ll then dive into your project and complete it by the deadline. You will receive your copy or completed project, and everyone ceremoniously shouts, “yes!”, thrilled with the results. And, remember, it is guaranteed to satisfy you.
I offer a FREE 45 minute initial consultation. Not into phone calls? No problem. Email works for me, too. I can write up a proposal and there is no obligation to buy. Have you visited my Meet Gina Page to learn more about me? Read up on My Services? Ready now?